If you have any questions about this document, you can get in contact with our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why and how we use information about you in our marketing
Market research and surveys
If you participate in surveys, we will ask you to provide data and your consent and tell you at the time how the information will be used. We may use your personal data for our internal business analysis and training purposes in order to improve our understanding of our users’ demographics, interests and behavior, to measure and increase customer satisfaction, and to improve our products and services.
Competitions, contests, promotions
If you participate in a competition, contest, or promotion conducted by us or on our behalf, we will ask you to provide data and your consent and tell you at the time how the information will be used. We may use your personal data in order to administer such competition, contest, or promotion. We may also use your personal data as explained further under the heading Marketing and Promotions below.
If you request information or contact us via our website, such as completing a form or sending an email, we will ask you to provide data and your consent and tell you at the time how the information will be used. We may use your personal data to add to our marketing database for marketing purposes (see below) such as sending emails.
If you have provided consent or where we have a legitimate interest under a contract with you or your employer, we or other selected third parties, such as telemarketing or email marketing agencies acting on our behalf, may contact you from time to time in order to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you. Such communications may contain tracking technology that tells us whether you opened the communication and whether you followed the hyperlinks within the communication, in order to help us analyze the effectiveness of, monitor and improve our marketing campaigns. You may also visit our website to find out about our product and services or to contact us. Such website visits may also use tracking technology in order to help us analyze the effectiveness of, monitor and improve our marketing campaigns.
All marketing communications that we send to you will respect any marketing preferences you have expressed to us and any consent obligations required under applicable privacy and anti-spam rules. Where we hold your personal data on the basis of you having given consent, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for certain or all marketing purposes. If you do so, we may need to share your contact information with third parties for the limited purpose of ensuring that you do not receive marketing communications from them on our behalf.
What information we collect about you
The information we may collect about you and process includes the following:
- Name, job title, company name, company address, phone number and email address
- From our websites – IP address, how you use/interact with our website and geographical location where you accessed our website from
Online information from cookies (if you have consented to their use)
- Information about the device type you use including browser, device type, resolution, operating system, screen resolution and preferred language
- Behavioral data of the internet connected computer or device you use when interacting with our site, such as advertisements clicked or viewed, sites and content areas, data and time of activities or the web search used to locate and navigate to a site
Legal basis for processing personal data
Our legal basis for collecting and using personal data will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We will normally collect personal data from you where we have consent as set out above, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests (such as responding to an invitation from, or performing a contract with, your employer or where we hold your information under a contractual relationship with you or your employer) and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
With whom we might share your personal data
We may transfer or disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- to MYCOM OSI group companies or our authorized reseller and other channel sales partners in order to process your sales enquiry or marketing interest
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure
International transfers of data
As a global group we operate, and our website, products, and services are accessed from, all over the world. When you give us personal data, that data may be used, processed, or stored elsewhere in the world, including in countries that have data protection laws that are different to the country in which you reside. Generally, data may be stored or processed by us in the EU or USA. In some circumstances, data may be stored or processed in a location outside these areas where we have a group company office.
Data held at our EU sites is covered under and in compliance with EU law in the relevant Member State.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can access, delete or request portability of your personal data by e-mailing email@example.com
- You may also ask us to correct or update your personal data, object to processing of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing of your personal data by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can usually exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. Alternatively, or to opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com
- If we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercize their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws